KOHA Knowledge (K)nuggets
- Patron passwords are not recoverable. The stars show on the patron detail next to the Password label are always there even if a password isn’t set. If a patron forgets their password the only option is to reset their password. To change the patron’s password, click the ‘Change Password’ button
- The OPAC Note is a note for the patron – it will appear in the OPAC on the patron’s record
- The Circulation Note is meant solely for your library staff and will appear when the circulation staff goes to check an item out to the patron
- Patrons can choose to receive these notices via e-mail or text:
- Advanced notice : A notice in advance of the patron’s items being due (The patron can choose the number of days in advance)
- Item checkout : A notice that lists all the of the items the patron has just checked out and/or renewed, this is an electronic form of the checkout receipt
- Hold filled : A notice when you have confirmed the hold is waiting for the patron
- Item due : A notice on the day and item is due back at the library
- Item check-in : A notice that lists all the of the items the patron has just checked in
- Patrons can choose to receive their notices as a digest by checking the ‘Digest only?’ box along with the delivery method. A digest is a combination of all the messages of that type (so all items due in 3 days in one email) in to one email instead of multiple emails for each alert.
- Under Library Management there are two boxes: Sort 1 and Sort 2. Those will be going away. We don’t know what they are for and we will not be using them.
- Phone number in regular phone field should be added as XXX-XXX-XXXX. Phone number in SMS field should just be XXXXXXXXXX (no dashes).
- Make sure to include the patron’s cell phone provider if they opt in for SMS notifications.
- NEVER CREATE A MANUAL CREDIT – it will not work
- As of right now, we cannot take credit card payments at the desks. The patron can log in to their account at one of the library computers and pay with a credit card. It goes through PayPal and is secure. The card readers we have right now will not work with KOHA.
|Sirsi Term||KOHA Equivalent|
|Assumed Lost||Longoverdue (Lost)|
|Current Location||Item Status|
|Forgive Fines||Write-off Fines|
|Home Location||Shelving Location|
|Item Category 1-5||Collection Code (only 1)|
|Item Type||Item Type|
|Library item is currently at||Current Location|
|User Category 1-12||Patron Attribute|
|User Profile||Patron Category|